Phillip H
Phillip H, Auto Body Repairer
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

I need to access my rear washer jet but stuck removing the

Customer Question

I need to access my rear washer jet but stuck removing the boot side panel where the parcel shelf hangers are.
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2008 ceed
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. I've removed the large portion covering the wiper motor etc.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: The wipers are working okay it's the washer jet has bee sort of pushed in.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: unsure
Category: Kia
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll wait thanks
Expert:  Phillip H replied 1 year ago.

Hiya

In order to remove the trim on the tailgate you will need to determine what holds it to the boot lid. Have a look around the trim and see if there are any visible screws. Also see if there are any removable caps covering screws.

If you can't find any then the trim is simply held in by trim clips at the rear. You can use a trim tool which is just a plastic lever to push behind the trim to work the trim free or simply pull with your hands. they can sometimes be very tight to remove.

Hope this helps.

Phillip