Steve
Steve, Technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

I went to tax the car and it should be £150.00 to tax

Customer Question

I went to tax the car and it should be £150.00 to tax EU19FW0 and when i went to post office they charged me £475.00 for the year when i contact
JA: What is the model of your '00 Kia?
Customer: Kia picanto ***** Contact D L V A they say it cost £40.00 to make that is why so high for tax and if can help me and not worth £40.00 to make but when I goggle this car does say £150.00 for the year
JA: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes not getting anywere
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no part can you help me
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (34T6LVS)
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

HI

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade, I will try and help you.

It would appear that the DVLA have got the details of your vehicle wrong, the supplement to the tax is due on vehicles costing over £40,000 and as the list price of you Kia is around £10,000 the details at the DVLA will need to be changed and to do this you will need to contact them via the website, at the moment due to the Corona virus no other communication is being accepted.

To contact them click here

Click the top box on the form that will appear and then continue at the bottom of the page, then click vehicle tax on the next page and continue at the bottom, then click any other tax enquiry and again continue at the bottom, next click the cost of vehicle tax and again continue, this will finally take you to a page that will take your details.

Once the DVLA have your details they should contact you with regard to changing the tax rate and correcly listing the purchase price.

Unfortunately the service is slow due to the Corona virus situation but they will eventually sort the problem out for you.

I hope this answers your question but do please ask any further details by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you help me
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

You will need to click the blue words as in the text above, HERE this will take you to the DVLA page, then follow the directions as above.

they are the only ones who can re-classify your vehicle to correct the tax. As the staff are down due to Corona virus this is the only way at the moment to contact them.

Steve