sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2008 Sorento loosing power when changing up 3 to 4 gear and

Customer Question

2008 Sorento loosing power when changing up 3 to 4 gear and 4 to 5 have changed fuel filter and fuel sender in the tank is fine
JA: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?
Customer: External
JA: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes checked for fault codes none changed fuel filter and fuel sender in tank all fine
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that’s it
Category: Kia
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, certainly the loss of power is closely related to fuel injection problems, but I think that the maintenance carried out is not enough because surely according to the year and the route you have, you may be presenting problems at the level of the injectors and the pumps, in these cases it is recommended to carry out a good cleaning of the fuel injectors as well as a check the pump pressure and if necessary a cleaning and calibration, in the case of diesel engines, but in both cases it is necessary the cleaning of the injectors because you may be presenting problems of obstructions in the tips and this means that when you want to demand displacement at high speeds, the injection pulse is not enough to maintain the engine load.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can based on your description, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.