sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Plug in Niro hybrid sometimes won’t start, suddenly does,

Customer Question

Plug in Niro hybrid sometimes won’t start, suddenly does
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: which battery
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2019 phew 3
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no. My daughter just tried until it suddenly started
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Kia
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 22 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 20 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, the starting of these models comes from the starter motor, which is responsible for turning the engine for ignition, if the engine is not turning on, most of the time it is because the starter motor has some kind of problem, the starter motors can get stuck due to various factors such as internal problems, you may also not have the energy to start due to battery wear and your model is 2019 and if you have never replaced the battery, it is a good time to do it I'm talking about the auxiliary battery.

It is also advisable to check the starter relay. The starter relay is simply a relay that powers the starter motor, sometimes it may be loose or suffer from some defects that the vehicle does not understand at times.

Finally, it is good to carry out a diagnosis so that you can check if there is any kind of problem at the level of the key recognition system or a sensor that may be causing a failure.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.