sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I had a faulty toms valve on my 2016 Sportage. I had it

Customer Question

Hi, I had a faulty toms valve on my 2016 Sportage. I had it replaced but the light is still on. It flashes for around 15-20 seconds, then stay on. I've driven it over 50 miles and deflated the tyre and reinflated it as everyone suggests, but it hasn't worked. It left numerous messages at my local Kia dealer but heard nothing from them. It has now failed it's mot because of this! Please help
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The low tyre pressure light.
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No it's been done professionally in a garage
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It doesn't have a reset button by the dash like some models! ūü§£
Category: Kia
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, you have already restored the data through a diagnostic tool, because if you have not done so you have to do it because the error code is recorded even though they have the correct pressure.