sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Sunroof wont shut, 201w 2012, Only pressing the button Goes

Customer Question

Sunroof wont shut
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 201w 2012
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only pressing the button Goes halfway Then open itself back
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Kia
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanx

Dear customer, when the sunroof is not shutting after a certain point, it is because these roofs have a security system that when they feel that something is stopping it they return, like when someone leaves their hand in the slots, if the roof feels that it is doing a bad effort it returns as a precaution, so it is likely that thenoroblem is something that is jamming the roof, sometimes dirt such as leaves or objects accumulates in the rail, it is good to verify this. In some cases it is necessary to disassemble the rail to observe well and clean it Also make sure it is aligned well on both guides as this can cause this problem as well