sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Why does my e-Niro often sound like a jet engine? all

Customer Question

Why does my e-Niro often sound like a jet engine?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: all e-Niro’s are automatic. Now about 14k. Been making this noise since new
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2019
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: mentioned to dealership but they brushed it off as normal, which it clearly is not
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes - it’s nothing to do with VESS and it is somewhat intermittent but happens when accelerating or decelerating or going up hill
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is an answer coming?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Why does my Kia e-Niro sound like a jet engine?
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, if you want, you can attach a video for me to listen the sound by myself, you can use this platform or upload it to YouTube and share the link with me
It seems that the sound you are presenting is a normal sound of the vehicle, the Electric motors are not 100% silent, this has always been believed, but in reality electric motors have a certain kind of noise characteristic of the power transmission axles to the wheels, that is why there's nothing to worry about.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

It seems that the sound you are presenting is a normal sound of the vehicle, the Electric motors are not 100% silent, this has always been believed, but in reality electric motors have a certain kind of noise characteristic of the power transmission axles to the wheels, that is why there's nothing to worry about. Kind regards, Sebastian.