CarDoc
CarDoc, Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

I have Kia Soul.The flip key has broken off.how do I remove

Customer Question

I have Kia Soul.The flip key has broken off.how do I remove the fob secton
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: I have need to know how to remove the top section of the fob to access the
JA: What year is your Soul?
Customer: 2009
JA: Are you fixing your Soul yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: How do I remove the top section of the fob to access the broken flip section.Ihve a replacement case,ans need to transfer electronics.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No just an explanation of the removal of the top section of the fob
Category: Kia
Expert:  CarDoc replied 15 days ago.

Hi, How are you?
I'm Shabaz, one of the automotive experts. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.

You will be prompted for a phone call by the automated system, only accept this if we can't resolve the issue through messaging, otherwise we can continue our conversation on the message thread.

Expert:  CarDoc replied 15 days ago.

This is a common issue with the Kia/Hyundai flip keys, this VIDEO guide will help you to disassemble the key fob.

Expert:  CarDoc replied 15 days ago.

If you have any further questions, feel free to message me by replying on this message thread.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you're satisfied with my assistance, your feedback is appreciated.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer.