Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

I have a water leak but no water on the floor having to keep

Customer Question

I have a water leak but no water on the floor having to keep it topping up, there's no water in the oil and not blowing smoke out
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: Cannot see the leak but have too keep topping rad and header tank up
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: 2012 kia sorento
JA: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No it will go to a garage if I can pin point the problem
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Kia
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

the first step here is to get the car on a pressure tester to test the system and confirm the loss. the benefit of this is it's carried out when the engine is cold. Very often when there is a coolant leak it is burnt off on the engine so doesn't show as a visible leak

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No thanks
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

did you get my reply? ignore all call requests they are not from me

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Di not want live chat thought you could give me some idea on messages, don't want too waste £16.00
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

I did reply ignore call requests here's my reply again

The first step here is to get the car on a pressure tester to test the system and confirm the loss. the benefit of this is it's carried out when the engine is cold. Very often when there is a coolant leak it is burnt off on the engine so doesn't show as a visible leak

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thankyou for that kevin it seems to loose the coolent when it is cooling down
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

yes, it should be pressure tested to trace this.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thankyou kevin I'll get it booked in to the garage
Expert:  Kevin replied 17 days ago.

your very welcome

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!