sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

When driving my Kia Optima only changes gear from first to

Customer Question

When driving my Kia Optima only changes gear from first to third to fifth to seventh and will not do 2-4-6 and when you move the gear lever to the left it will not change gear manually
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: What is that and where
JA: What year is your Optima?
Customer: 2017
JA: Are you fixing your Optima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has just started doing this and don’t know if to try myself or take it to a garage
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Kia
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 18 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Oleksandra – Moderator
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Kia Optima gtsline estate
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, the ideal is that you take it to a workshop, because of the fact that this type of problem can occur due to various factors but most are due to programming or problems at the level of the electrovalve body, here what we have to do is a diagnosis to check the operation of the electrovalve and a reset of the factory data to rule out that the problem is not just a configuration problem.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok ta

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.