Phillip H
Phillip H, Auto Body Repairer
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

I have a road noise that started out as a "rubbing" sound

Customer Question

I have a road noise that started out as a "rubbing" sound but now is fairly constant. I've taken it to a type and brake place and they have checked that is not the brakes and that when the wheels are spun when on a ramp they can't detect any noise. The noise is there when driving and even if i put the car in neutral the noise is still there. The car is an automatic
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: Ceed 2012
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: See original message
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Kia
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  Phillip H replied 11 days ago.

Hiya

This could be any of the following:

1. Worn Brake Pads

2. Brake Back Plate 

3. Brake Pads sticking in Carrier

4. Corrosion of the Brake Disc

You would have to remove the wheels to check the brakes and if necessary either replace or strip and clean.

Phillip