sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2008 sorento Titan, engine noisy ( but always has been Lol )

Customer Question

2008 sorento Titan , engine noisy ( but always has been Lol ) recently
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: Manual about 70K miles, auto, never been thrashed in 5 years, and real noise , a clatering starts around 2k revs parked or moving. and dies down with rev reduction. 2 years ago had very poor starting problem resulting in 1 Glow Plug replacement and another one snapped and not removed as snapped and required head off to replace so left it, ( no start problems ) AND SUGESTIONS ?????
JA: Are you fixing your Sorento yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NOT TRIED ANY THING MECHANICAL YET.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: CANT THINK OF ANYTHING.
Category: Kia
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, could you send me a video so I can appreciate the sound for myself?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I will try but may be later or tomorrow. But many thanks for the contact.
Trevor Andrews
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Dear customer I think you have sent me the wrong picture, I don't know if you can correctly send me a video of the vehicle with the sound so I can hear it for myself also you can use the YouTube platform upload a video and share me the link through this medium

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Dear customer be careful with this type of sound because usually it can be engine lubrication problems, it happens a lot when the oil pump has problems, it can even be a camshaft or crankshaft knock and the problem is that driving the vehicle with these knocks can cause excessive wear on the engine leading to high repair costs, but it can also be simply a problem in one of the accessory pulleys how in the alternator pulley in the air compressor or even simply a tensioner can also be a problem in the engine timing distribution kit but it is recommended that when this type of noise occurs I do not drive the vehicle and is checked as soon as possible.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.