sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2016 Sportage we have it 3, Shortage 2016, ...Gear box

Customer Question

2016 Sportage we have it 3
JA: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Shortage 2016, ...Gear box replaced...about 6 months ago. 2nd clutch being replaced as we speak. Never had a gearbox or clutch replaced on our other cars...Will never touch a Kia again. Had 2 Kia ceeds before the Sportage and they ran well.
JA: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?
Customer: It was sticking for about 10 miles then just gave in..
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Car is regularly serviced...this is the 2nd clutch to be replaced....we have never replaced a clutch and certainly not a gearbox on any other car.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Very disappointed in our Kia Garage
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
How long will this take
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 20 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, were complete replacements made during the previous gearbox replacement?

Dear customer, normally a consecutive gearbox problem or damage may indicate that a component may be incorrectly fitted, as although the original may fail due to a random fault or problem, a second gearbox should have a normal life span, when repeated failure occurs, it should be checked: The clearance between gears is correct, this causes the gearbox to make excessive noise. In cars with many kilometres behind them, it is logical that the gears wear out and make noises. This annoying noise is caused by poor seating of the gears between them as they have been losing material over the years. Solution? Dismantle the gearbox and open it. This work is expensive (about 1,000 euros) and, as a temporary measure, it may be a good solution to use a Teflon-based additive. Wear between the bearings is another of the 7 major faults in manual gearboxes. Wear of the bearings in the gearbox on which the shafts are supported can produce more noise than normal. As with gear backlash, the only solution is to uncouple the engine from the gearbox and open it up. This is a labour-intensive job that costs a lot of money. As a first step, we recommend the use of an additive to eliminate these noises. If the manual gearbox synchronisers are worn, it is possible that a gear may magically disengage. This is a common occurrence in cars that have been driven for many kilometres. Repairing this manual gearbox fault is very costly as you will have to dismantle the gearbox and open the gearbox. Again, you are faced with many hours of work and a high cost. The use of unsuitable oils or even partial and not complete replacement of gearbox components can cause these problems, in automatic gearboxes, there could be a problem in the wiring or solenoid body, which causes the problem to reappear after a short time, it is important at all times to be aware of the possible events that can cause damage of this kind.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.