Dan
Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

My earphone jack is broken and part stuck in the socket. Is

My earphone jack is broken and part stuck in the socket. Is there an easy way to remove it or instead get wireless headphones?
Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. If the plug is still fully inserted, you will need to remove it, if not your audio will continue to be routed to the headphones as if they were plugged in and no audio will be heard from your speakers or other device.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried to but I could not get the stub of the jack out of the socket
Nothing to grab on to?
Do you have any sound coming out of the speakers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No sound and just a small stub left inside the socket with nothing protruding outside the lap top
Well the only thing you can try is something like a dental pick to see if you can hook it and pull it out, otherwise you will probably need to have a service tech open it and remove it from the inside.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You’re very welcome. It was a pleasure working with you!