IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Same problem - printer off line? resetting the router does

same problem - printer off line? resetting the router does not fix problem this time!
Hi there Craig ans welcomeWhat is the make and model of the printer? How is it connected to the computer (wireless or usb)? And which version of windows or mac are you running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Samsung express c460w
Wireless, Windows 10
ThanksHow exactly did you reset router and what else did you do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I turned it off for 30 seconds and turned it back on again, same with the printer itself and I restarted the laptop
ThanksOn the laptop, click the windows start and type indevices and printersclick on itclick on Add printer.Does it find the printer? If so, click on it to install and tell me if it now comes online please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no option to install only set as default or remove device
its not install, its at the top and its add printer
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not a new user I'm a subscriber!!! Happy to allow remote access to sort the problem
Ah sorry did not see this (we are only engineers) but if you accept the offer I can connect to your computer and fix this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What's your offer? Is this covered by my subscription?
No itis an additional service, I offered it as you were mis interpreting the instructions If you do not wish to use it no problem, but please follow the instructions exactly as I listed themOn the laptop, click the windows start and type indevices and printersclick on itclick on Add printer.Does it find the printer? If so, click on it to install and tell me if it now comes online please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just seen your offer but as l already pay a monthly subscription for the services of this site I don't want to pay again!
As per following instruction: binder add printers and scanners there is nothing listed / found - no printers and no scanners however under printers and scanners there is a list and the Samsung is listed as last used off line
sorry I was not clear on your response.Did you click on Add Printer?Did anything get listed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yep clicked on add printer and it doesnt find anything
on the printer Press Network > Wireless > WLAN SettingsDoes it indicates it connected to the wireless network?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yep it's connected and I can print from my iPhone fine
ok, right click on the printer in devices and printer and choose What's printing.There can you click Make Printer Online?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The only icon for the printer i can see is under printers and scanners. Nothing happens when I right click this the only options given are are on left click and just set as default and remove printer.
yes, under printer and scanners, you right click your printer listed there and select What's printing.If your not getting that your not right clicking on your actual printer there in the list, you do it on your actual printer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing happens when I right click - nothing, nada, zilch! And I am clicking on the icon and if I left click I get offer the options previously mentioned
ok, then your going to have to reinstall the printer.So select remove printer.Then restart the computer and reinstall the printer like you did when you first received it.Let me know how you go please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Removed and attempted to reinstall - now says driver unavailable
on which step of installation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I clicked add printer
Clicked on the icon for the printer
It started to install then gave message 'driver is unavailable'
ok, restart the computer again and then try to install it please.And are you doing this with it connected via the cable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

will restart

not connected to printer by cable no

ok thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Now the printer is listed under printers and scanners but says driver unavailable under it
ok, when did this problem initially start?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Today - worked fine last night - didn't work this morning
ok, I want to do a system restore please.To do this, close all programs.Press the windows key + X and click on Control Panelclick System and SecurityThen click on SystemThen System ProtectionThen System restoreChoose a date before this problem occurred.Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No system and security option
Security and maintenance?
ok strange wording for windows 10 but click that then please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I then get two optionsSecurityMaintenance??The. At the bottomTroubleshooting Recovery
ok not sure why your not getting the standard wording but type in the search in control panel System and click on it there please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No search results for system in control panel
its there 100%, its on every windows version since windows xp... I do not think your in control panel.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Your quite right. I searched using cortana...
Anyway now in control panel > system
View basic info...
Options
Device manager
Remote settings
System protection
Advanced system settings
Then System ProtectionThen System restoreChoose a date before this problem occurred.Let it complete and tell me if it now functions correctly please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok done the restore - still same problem printer offline
Also when the laptop restarted it came up with the message box for the printer saying it was printing on 'Samsung Cloud print'. Then next message was printer not available.
I then tried to print on 'Samsung XPS '. And it says printer off line
ok, but Samsung XPS is not the correct printer, it is Samsung express c460w Do you see that one there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yep the full title is Samsung C460 series XPS
ok, so please try to print to that one, not Samsung XPS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is the one I was referring to, I just missed out the bit in the middle / abbreviated it.Isn't there a button somewhere connect / go online rather than be off line?When I look at the pending docs page if I click on printer I get the option to connect on the list of options but it's greyed out / doesn't do anything.
ok, I am out of ideas on this sorry and will need to opt out.You do not need to do anything, another expert will notify you when they take over your case.Sorry I could not solve this for you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also...now my Firefox browser won't open and my google chrome isn't working - unhappy face icon and doesn't do anyhthing. Internet explorer working normallyIf I pay the additional assistance fee can you fix it then? I had hoped I learn how to fix it myself if it happens again through this process but now I just want bit fixed! Also you've spent a long time on this and should be credited for that. Should I give you a rating then ask again?
Hello! My name is***** looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. If the original problem is still there, let me know so that I can assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi yep still not fixed. Printer off line / can't printOh, and just got a new warning message - printer in an error state!!!
Thanks for the information! Since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I suggest we establish a remote desktop session so that I can see the problem myself and help you directly. Let me if you would like that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, what do I need to do?
I will send you the instructions on how to establish a secure remote desktop session. Are you available now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I can be!
Please click on the link below to download a secure remote desktop assistance program: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=309ad0f1-80c4-4cbd-bedb-f2e7fdf85ed0When a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
The link to a secure remote desktop assistance program has expired due to inactivity. When you are available, let me know so that I can provide you with a new link.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My apologies, I fell asleep!
I'm now away for the weekend so will have to do this on Monday. Ok?
Sure, no problem. We can continue on Monday. Regards,IT Miro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Back at my desk (a little later than expected). Can we get my printer sorted today please?
Hello! Are you available now for a secure remote assistance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yep, standing by :-)

Here are the instructions on how to connect with me:Please click on the link below to download a secure remote assistance program. http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3d01506a-abf1-4b38-84c0-afc656b2341aWhen a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
We are connected.
Problem successfully solved via secure remote assistance!For any other issue, feel free to contact me again.You can now rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.Regards,IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for sorting out my printer issue.

my computer is / has been running very slowly. is this something that you could take a look at for me? please

I will of course open a new 'question'

Hello again! Sure, I can take a look and find a way how to make it run faster. You can type your new question description directly on my profile page, so that I can be requested to answer it: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-it-miro You can also include something like "For IT Miro only" just in case other Experts see it first.