JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has managed the support of a range of laptop devices, including HP, Fujitsu, Dell and Toshiba.

I have a Thinkpad T540p. I am looking at buying a docking

I have a Thinkpad T540p. I am looking at buying a docking station that support 3 or more screens, does this exist? and where can i buy one?thanks

Hi Andrew are you looking at 3 additional screens (eg 3 display outputs)?

What connection are needing HDMI, DVI, VGA?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would go with DVI or HDMI (as in the monitors I am connecting them to)..

OK docking stations only have a maximum of two outputs but two connections, for example you could have 1 HDMI, 1 DVI and 1 VGA, but the DVI and VGA use the same processor and thus cant be used to provide different outputs.

Your best option is to buy a standard docking station, then buy an USB video adaptor to provide you a third video output. This will mean installing drivers on your laptop but it is very effective, and what I do. You can pick the USB devices for around £15 here, and leave that connected to your new dock, so when you doc it you get the two video out on the dock plus this additional output.

Please let me know if you need anything further.