Santonu
Santonu, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Diploma in Hardware
13934950

The bottom task bar icons do not respond and this means I

the bottom task bar icons do not respond and this means I cannot shut down. I can reach programmes by using the icons on left side of the opening window. Most grateful for your help please
Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: model C850-161 serial N6C185721R
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your C850-161? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: the computer was purchased in 2012
Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The computer uses Windows 10 upgrade. It is working well.

My name is***** apologies for the delay in responding. Restarting the system may resolve the problem. Please try the following and let me know results

1 Press Windows key and R. If it opens Run, type shutdown /r /t 0 and press Enter

2 If it does not help,

Press and hold Ctrl and Shift keys, press Esc. If it opens Task Manager, click More Details

Then click Processes tab

In the list of processes, find the process named Windows Explorer

Right click on it and select Restart

3 If all of the above fails, then press and hold the power button of the laptop for about 10 seconds and the system should turn off. Then turn it back on and when Windows starts again, check if the problem is still there

Please let me know results

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Was unable to solve issue after trying your suggestions 1&2 but succeeded after following your instructions 3.
The lower task bar is now fully working and I can shutdown as normal. Many thanks for your help.
Will my £5.00 membership fee for "just answer"now automatically cease to operate or do I have to take any action? Kind regards *****

Thanks for the update..

If you find it helpful, please take a moment to rate my answer.

Regarding your question about membership fees, please contact customer support and they should be able to assist you with your queries about billing related issues.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/phone