Shaz Yousaf
Shaz Yousaf, Consultant
Experience:  MSc Computer Networks & Security
104442872

Cursor on go laptop will not move how do I correct this

Hi. Cursor on go laptop will not move how do I correct this
Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Hi laptop windows 10 I think
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No nothing installed...simply watching a video clip and now cannot move cursor...have tried control alt delete etc but totally stuck
Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No don’t think so

Welcome to JustAnswer! I’m Shaz, a professional IT expert. I have over 8 years of experience in the industry with a Master’s Degree in Computer Networks and Security. I will be assisting you today.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please advise....laptop has frozen whilst watching on line video...I cannot move cursor and control alt del not helping either what should I do

Unfortunately it sounds like the machine has totally frozen up considering it is not responding to Ctrl+Alt+Del.

You will have to hard power of the laptop by keep holding down your computer’s power button (usually about 5-10 seconds), it will eventually turn off. Please allow a minute before turning back on and if you come across a prompt to repair or start windows normally please MAKE sure you choose "Start Windows Normally"

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service, not the situation that I have no control over.

Your rating my service today is the only way I am paid by the website for using my valuable time. This is done by scrolling all the way to the top of the screen and clicking the stars.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be happy to help you more but please never rate negatively without giving me a chance to help further.

Thankyou.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks...this has worked. You are a life saver!!! A simple fix but when panic sets in all logic goes out the window

Your welcome. I am glad i was able to help :-)