JakeUK
JakeUK, Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
Experience:  IT Services, 10 Years Experience, Bsc Business IT, MCSA, PRINCE2, CompTia (A+,Network+,Server+,Security+)
105381324

Satellite C55 showing PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.

JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Toshiba Satellite C 55-A-1HN Using Windows 10
JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Nothing deliberate. Did try to follow some online instructions but the original No bootable device found---changed to Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2,1,1,2 Check cable connection PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM No bootable device--insert boot desk---Which I cannot locate to try
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I obtain a new boot disk

Hello! Thanks for your query. Let me quickly review your question, hopefully we can find a quick and easy solution for you!

May I ask, was the laptop dropped or anything recently? Was there any strange behavior before this happened?

Thanks,

Jake

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, been using it for some time, every day, and jusgt yesterday morning in setting up I got the no bootable device message.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I leave this page until then?

To be honest, that message means either 1 of 3 things, your hard drive has died and needs replacing, or the disk has become loose and disconnected, or the drive is corrupted. Either way the best course of action is to take it repair, it isn't something that can be solved remotely.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well thank you for your help anyway.

no problem, apologies I couldn't be of more assistance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
At least you clarified things. Thank you

If you could rate the support that would be greatly appreciated, at the top of our conversation.

Experience: IT Services, 10 Years Experience, Bsc Business IT, MCSA, PRINCE2, CompTia (A+,Network+,Server+,Security+)

PXE is Preboot eXecution Environment that is used in networks to get a DHCP to boot on a network server.

Remote Access will not be working on this, have the hard drive is gone bad.