RobinG_JA
RobinG_JA,
105203533

I need some advie. I have a Toshiba32RL58 Serial 71810164 TV

I need some advie. I have a Toshiba32RL58 Serial 71810164 TV Set which I purchased November 2011. I have a Sky HD Box and subscribe to the Sports channels. As you prob ably are aware Sky do not cover the Tennis but I understand one can get this through Amazon Prime. I have just joined Amazon Prime on a t rial membership but am at a loss as to how to actually get the tennis on to the TV. Does this particular model enable me to do so. The TV seems to be able to connect to the Internet but that is as far as I can get. I do have a WiFi Talktalk connection.
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: I understand I may need a "Smart" TV? or have been told that a Fire Stick would do the job but how do I go about it?
JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: It is Levovo PC
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's all, just how to enable me to watch the tennis on my TV.

Hello, Welcome to JustAnswer, Thank you for your question.

This is Robin and I will be assisting you with your issue today.

May I know, are you getting Tennis on your TV as of now?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NO, I don't know how to and can't get it through my SK HD box as Sky no longer cover the tennis

May I know, is your TV a Smart TV?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know what a Smart TV set is but I had thought that as it was bought in 2019, probably it wasn't but it does have a "Connect to the Internet Button". I understand that one can fit a Fire Stick and that will convert it to a Smart TV?

Please allow me a few minutes, while I check with my resources.

I will do my best to help you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Thank your for stating connected. I really appreciate your time and patience.

May I know, do you see a Smart Hub button on the TV remote?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NO

Amazon prime video can only be watched on Smart TV.

Smart TV's have pre-installed App, which include Netflix, Prime Video and so on.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is it correct then that if I purchase what is called a Fire Stick, I can convert my TV to a Smart TV

The Amazon Fire Stick plugs into your TV's HDMI port giving you access to your favorite TV shows, movies, subscription services, music, photos, and games.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK Thank you for your help. I think I have the answer now and will sign off

Your rating is important for me.
Scroll the screen up and you will see 5 stars, click 5 stars and click submit".