Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  15+ years experience with laptop support issues
63083622

Compaq laptop cooling fan temperature error code

compaq laptop cooling fan temperature error code

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, an independent paid-support site. My name is ***** ***** I'll be advising you today. What is the model number of the unit in question? The model number is ***** on a sticker or plate on the rear or bottom of the device.

Chances are if this is really a compaq it's fairly old, so what I would do is take an air compressor or "canned air" and spray out the fan passages really good. Try not to spin the fans up because that'll ruin the bearings. Also do it outside if possible because it'll blow a lot of dust around. Once you're done, try powering it up again. If you get the same message it means the cooling fan has failed and you'll need to replace that fan. You may be able to find a replacement on ebay. Personally I would just replace the laptop. All of your data on the laptop should be intact and you can retrieve it by

Pull the hard drive out of its external case and use a kit like this to hook it up to your computer. https://amzn.to/2wRGSL0