JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has managed the support of a range of laptop devices, including HP, Fujitsu, Dell and Toshiba.
75967336

Just bought second hand laptop she said she reset it but

Just bought second hand laptop she said she reset it but it's coming up a log in for Tesco and I dont have the password
Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Samsung and windows vista
Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I just bought it
Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Does it appear to have tesco branding or a Tesco asset tag on it, as it may be a stolen laptop.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No just the Tesco log in

If you cant get into windows we cant remotely connect, are you able to take a picture of the login screen and attach it to this conversation using the attach button (paperclip icon)?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I sent two did you receive them

Right got the images, this doesnt looked to be a corporate image and as its XP, the obvious thing is to ask the seller for the password, if they dont have it then you will need a copy of windows to reinstall over the to of it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've asked the seller shes in work so probably wont get answer till tomorrow

Right if you get the password ***** lets you just tell windows to go back to defaults. However if she cant remember the password ***** next step is to reinstall windows which will require a windows XP disk and licence key, you can get these on ebay such as here.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No thank you