Rahul_TechExpert
Rahul_TechExpert,
104352724

I have an Asus X541U Laptop and it has stopped picking up

I have an Asus X541U Laptop and it has stopped picking up wifi. it works for bluetooth but wont find any wifi signals. Are you able to help please?

Hello, my name is***** have reach http://JustAnswer.com which is a Paid Question and Answer site and I'm happy to assist you today with your concern.
May I get your first name please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Carl

Hello Carl, I hope you are doing good.

Further to your issue, please confirm did your windows laptop do any updates prior to the issue ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No not as far as i can recall

And Carl are you able to connect an Ethernet cable to your laptop and check if the internet is working ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ethernet works fine
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
blutooth - just wifi is dead

In this case may I go ahead and take secure remote on your computer and check the issue ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Thank you Carl, Please click on this link: https://justanswer.screenconnect.com/?Session=ae292e16-b701-4dea-9763-9ce06efb9931
A file by name "ConnectWiseControl" will be downloaded, kindly save the file and open it to get connected.

Carl once the network reset is complete on your computer, kindly reply back to me confirm as I have lost the connection from your computer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok

Carl please confirm if the network reset is complete ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Restarting

Thank your for updating me with same. Once your computer is restart please let me know and I will take the remote access once again.

Carl I guess I got the access back to your computer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Although you did not manage to get my machine working, which i understand, the changes you made to my router mean that my wifes laptop and my Ring doorbell can no longer connect to the wifi?

Carl I would suggest you to contact your ISP and report the issue once.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The 2nd laptop and the doorbell camera were both working on WiFi until you made changes to the router. I need you to return the router to its original position before I can report the original problem to anyone

Carl to be honest we did not make any changes to your router and all the troubleshooting which was done, was done on your computer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do not believe that to be the case.

Carl kindly reply to me when you are ready to continue the troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Please can you log back on and reverse the changes you mate to my wifi router. It was previously connecting to my doorbell and my wifes laptop and now it does not. i want you to reverse any changes made please

Hello Carl, kindly reply to me when you are free to continue the troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i am online if you are available?

Hello Carl, thank you for getting back to me. Please confirm if I may go ahead and take secure remote on your computer ?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

Thank you Carl, Please click on this link: https://justanswer.screenconnect.com/?Session=942e7f00-3c5b-4c8f-888a-76de2ab2de83

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i have solved the original problem
the wireless adapter thing in the laptop is phyically broken
and i i got a wireless usb one
which works with all wifi except tmy home one which you made the adjsutments to

Thank you for updating me with the details.

Carl kindly restart your computer once.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ok

Please confirm once your computer has restarted.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
im back!

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Virgin media have now got the box working thank you