inamthetechie1
inamthetechie1,
106132674

<, Toshiba-Z50-E-13Q, I have a problem with the space bar

Good morning<
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Toshiba-Z50-E-13Q
JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I have a problem with the space bar selectivity...does not except my command, especially on the RH side of the long space bar, BUT only from the middle to the LH side of the bar
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I would like if this problem is fixed, to change my complete or part of the key board to incorporate the GBP (pound sign) instead of the US dollar sign

Hi, Greetings!

This is Inamul, a Tech Support Expert working with JustAnswer.com and I will try my best to help you with your question / issue today.

I see that you have a question / issue about “Toshiba Laptop Keyboard“.

If it’s correct then please let me know if you're chatting from the same Laptop now so that I can proceed accordingly.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The same laptop

Okay

Please don't worry, let me go through the same and help you out.

Is the laptop under warranty?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I bought it about 3 months ago

I see.

In that case, the issue may be covered under warranty.

By the way, was there any physical damage to the Keyboard or is there anything stuck inside the key(spacebar)?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Nothing stuck, but because you have to hit it hard to except the command on the RH side, it developed a crack on the plastic cover. It can obey the command if you press it from the middle to the LH side of the long space bar, but not on the RH side of such bar.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
My question here is: Is this a manufacturers fault or something else?

I see, can understand.

Let me provide you the contact details of the correct team so that you can claim the warranty for the same.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The warrantee is one thing, what about this issue, is it a fault on this model, or it can be fixed?

Actually, I'm not the right person to tell the same but there's a dedicated team for the same.

Let me provide you the contact details so that you can directly get in touch with the right team and claim the warranty.

The concerned team may either fix the issue or replace the keyboard or do the needful as possible.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK, I understand, thank you
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi are you there?

You're most welcome!

Thanks for understanding.

Below are the concerned team contact details:

Phone: +44 01932 841600 / +44 1932 841600 / Tel: +44 1932 825024

Contact Link: https://www.toshiba.co.uk/pages/uk/contact

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK, I see, which is better to do, call them I suppose

Yes, call is the fastest way for communication.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok, thank you

You're most welcome!

If you need any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. You’re always most welcome and I would be happy to.

I will be available from 4.30 AM to 12.30 PM EST (Monday to Friday). You can chat with me at any time in-between these timings.

Else, if you can take a moment to rate my effort & service positively by clicking on the stars above this page (scroll up) and then submit, that will be appreciated.

Thank!