Andrew Taylor
Andrew Taylor,
Experience:  System Engineer at Sword IT Soultions
102326245

I am the owner of a Dell chrome book....not that old maybe

Hi I am the owner of a Dell chrome book....not that old maybe 18 months. It is the fourth laptop I have purchased from Dell as I have always been so impressed with you equipment and service. However this machine is a real thorn in my side. I do not like the 'cloud' system and find it hard to find my stuff also in the last 2 weeks it constantly logs me out of my bank web site and despite assurances from my bank, and, clearing the cookies it is almost unusable.Also I often find that when I am preparing a document a film will go across the screen and erase everything I have written and despite searching I can't find it again.
JA: What's the brand/model of your laptop?
Customer: I would appreciate your help.
JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Jean Selmes
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have looked to install updates but that doesn't seem to be possible on the Chrome book

Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.
I will do my best to get your issue resolved, quickly and effectively.

Do you think the issue here is, the fact it is a Chrome Book? They are totally different from Windows, and rather than use a hammer to crack the nut, we could maybe look at a replacement?
Andy

As you have not replied, I am going to give you the best Answer/Explanation possible with the information you have given me.

I would suggest in this case that you install Windows, that you are fine with onto the Chrome OS.

If you sign into your Dell account here: https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-install-windows-chromebook/

There is a listed process you can follow, it is account specific, and If you have any questions, let me know. I would be glad to help.

It has been my absolute pleasure to be able to assist you today. Please let me know if you need any further information, I'm always happy to help

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thankyou for your efforts on my behalf. I will do as you suggest and hopefully the problem will resolve.

You're welcome!