VanHilton M
VanHilton M,
Experience:  Computer Technician/ Sales Clerk at Roniel Jayectin
104802751

I need to factory reset my Toshiba laptop but do not have

I need to factory reset my Toshiba laptop but do not have the cd
JA: Who makes your speaker or sound system?
Customer: Sorry?
JA: What have you tried so far with your sound system?
Customer: I have tried to power off and start with F12 button and 0 button but no joy.
JA: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to reboot/ factory reset Windows Vista laptop please
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is there a problem with this resolution?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have been instructed to contact you due to an error at your end

Hi, I am VanHilton M Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this service.

I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi there, I have powered off then on pressing f12 and zero and f8 as instructed over numerous advice centres

Can you please elaborate the issue so that I may assist you further?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
When switching on Windows boot manager shows error and will not progress any further. Status Oxc000000f

Reasons Why The 0xc000000f Error Occurs On Your Windows Computer

Three main reasons could lead to the 0xc000000f error on your Windows PC, which are:

1. BCD is corrupted or missing

The most common reason for the 0xc000000f error is that BOOTMGR can’t find the BCD file. It could be damaged or be missing due to a few causes, such as viruses, power outages, disk-write errors, or mistakes from users when manually adjusting BCD.

2. System file is damaged

A corrupted file system is also the cause that could lead to the 0xc000000f error on your Windows computer. For example, when you upgrade your Windows and it’s working on writing critical information to the boot sector. However, sometimes the power goes off suddenly, or the update process is stuck, and you have to force turn off. As a result, the system file could be corrupted and cause this irritating error.

3. Faulty data cable

All the computer components can be damaged over the time, and the data cable is no exception. I often replace my data cable every year. It’s so cheap and doesn’t cost much. So if you have used a data cable for years, it’s time to replace it as sometimes it might cause read or write errors, which can interrupt the boot process.