Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

I have a Dell UltraSharp 24 monitor that I purchased in Sept

I have a Dell UltraSharp 24 monitor that I purchased in Sept 2016, along with a processor. The monitor now has a scrolling screen and the icons are not definite. The processor is working alright and so is the mouse - just the scrolling of the screen - what can I do?
JA: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: It is 6th generation Intel Core Processor Dell, with dell mouse, dell keyboard and using windows 10.
JA: What have you tried so far with your computer?
Customer: Rebooting, taking out cables and plugging back in again, making sure cables are not twisted.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

Seems like either your keyboard down key is sticking or your mouse middle scroll button is sticking. Try unplugging both to see if that happens, if it stops after unplugging the keyboard and mouse then i suggest you to replace the one that is causign it

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your assistance but, sadly, it did not work. Mouse button is not sticking and mouse works without any problems. Also, down key on keyboard works fine. I can access all software and use mouse and keyboard but screen keeps scrolling up, then for a second it is blank and then scrolling starts again. It is like a wave washing over the screen from bottom to top.

Are you saying a webpage is scrolling up or the whole screen on your monitor?

If its the whole screen then its a monitor issue, you should replace that monitor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the whole screen that is scrolling, no matter what I access - whether that is settings, documents or email. The screen goes blank for a second and then it is like a wave washing from bottom to top. Looks like I need a new monitor!!

Yes, correct, a new monitor is what is needed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help - I tried you advice so appreciate what you suggested.

You're welcome, Pleasure assisting you.

--

Hope that helps you out today, Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you. Thank you

If needed, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Pleasure assisting you.