Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

Can you please help me - I have bought a second hand laptop

Customer Question

hi, can you please help me - I have bought a second hand laptop previously connected to a brother MFC-J13000W printer - I have this printer too. I have added my WIFI details on both - but they do not read each other. What am I missing? Sorry am no good with IT! thanks
JA: How are you connecting to your MFC-J13000W: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: hi, wirelessely
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: hi, I have bought a second hand laptop and also a brother MFC J13000W printer. I have added WIFI codes on both, but they are not linking up
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: i haven't - as just brought the second hand laptop which has the software already
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's all thanks; I'm missing the instructions so am not sure what else I should be doing to make them hooked up
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is Ameen and I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

Please note when the offer for Secure Remote Assistance appears, that is NOT REQUIRED (But Helpful)

I am sorry you are having this concern, I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

Go to the router settings and change the channel to 11 and 2.4 ghz to get it connected

By router settings, I mean login to your router web console by using the default IP and the make the change Or you can also contact your internet service provider to modify the change

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back. I am here to help you. Kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.