Bing
Bing, Senior IT Consultant
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD / MCSE
96068672

I want to transfer my email address book to a new laptop. I

Customer Question

I want to transfer my email address book to a new laptop. I was using Mozilla Thunderbird.
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Acer Aspire5 Windows 10
JA: What have you tried so far with your ASPIRE5? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Tried to add a driver for thunderbird but first problem : My ntlworld password ***** recognised, then after changing it now neither new or old appear to work
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: only that I am happy not to use thunderbird iin future if its easier...
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Bing replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent technical support website. My name is ***** ***** it’s my pleasure to be assisting you today.

Have you backed up the Thunderbird profile folders from the old computer?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
they are on a portable harddrive
Expert:  Bing replied 18 days ago.

Then you may find the new profile location of your new Thunderbird installation, then overwrite the whole folders.

Please be aware the Profile folders are named in random numbers, you need to make sure content of Profile.ini file matches the actual folder name.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I’m ok trying to do this via chat, thanks