Richard Kresslein
Richard Kresslein,
Experience:  Youth Empowerment Volunteer at Peace Corps
98270431

I have accidentally wiped an operating file from Windows 10

Customer Question

Hi - I have accidentally wiped an operating file from Windows 10 on my laptop. Sadly (stupidly?) I did not make a backup disc ... can you help?
JA: What's the brand/model of your laptop?
Customer: It's an HP. - just looking for the model ....
JA: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not used it recently - I think that last time I used it I wiped something as I exited.,
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, don't think so unless I can't find the charger.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard Kresslein replied 18 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. You will need to reinstall Windows to reinstall the file. You can create a bootable USB drive from another computer running Windows 10 using these instructions: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026852

If you are unable to do so, you will need to take the computer to a local computer repair shop or Best Buy's Geek Squad to have Windows reinstalled.