Andrew Taylor
Andrew Taylor, System Engineer
Experience:  System Engineer
102326245

My new aspire 5 will not connect to internet, I haven’t

Customer Question

My new aspire 5 will not connect to internet
JA: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?
Customer: I haven’t tried I want to use it wirelessly
JA: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?
Customer: All my other devices are connected
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it says no connection found
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Andrew Taylor replied 10 days ago.

Hello & thanks for choosing JustAnswer.com!

I'm an expert with 10 years’ experience and it's going be a pleasure to help have your issue resolved today. I understand it can be frustrating when you have technical issues, I’m really sorry to hear this has caused you an inconvenience but that’s why I’m here to help get it resolved.

From what you told my assistant Pearl I have been able to investigate your problem and come up with the following response:

Press the Windows logo key and I at the same time on your keyboard, then the Settings app opens. 2) Click Network & Internet. 3) Click WiFi on the left, and toggle the WiFi button to On. 4) Restart your Acer laptop and try to connect to WiFi and see if it works.

I hope my answer helps you resolve your problem, if this does not resolve your problem or you need a follow up please let me know & we will work together to resolve this.

Once again, thank you for choosing Just Answer and giving me the opportunity to help answer your question!
Andy

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
There is no WiFi on the left

Does it see any Wifi Networks in the list?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No none
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I ve restarted an now it appears

is the wireless switch on?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Where’s that
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
it is
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
But this happens all the time I go on net an connection goes

Use the Wi-Fi icon located in the system tray - the section to the far right of the Taskbar. Click on the icon and here you can toggle the Wi-Fi and choose from the different available networks.

You can also follow the below steps to join a wireless network, follow these steps:

Open the Network & Internet, To do so press Windows key + I to open the Settings app, or move your cursor to the notification area and click on the network icon. The network icon will list available wireless networks. Select the network you want to connect to and then click Connect. You'll also see Network Settings near the bottom of available wireless networks. This will quickly open the Network & Internet. If you opened Network & Internet from the Settings app, the following figure will also appear:

If there's no Wi-Fi icon in the corner then you've the Wi-Fi adapter is switched off. Here's how to switch it back on.

Go to the Start Menu and select Settings. Click on Networks & Internet. Select Wi-Fi on the left pane. Scroll down and click on Change adapter options. Right click on the Wi-Fi adapter and click Enable.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok it’s on
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It lasted all of five minutes

Thanks please reboot and it will be fine.