AaronB
AaronB, Computer Support
Experience:  Thirteen years experience providing computer IT support.
22099314

I have a acer aspire 5742 which now has windows 10 i want to

I have a acer aspire 5742 which now has windows 10 i want to pass on to my grandson. is a factory reset the way to go and if so will it retain windows 10 as originally it had windows 7.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Aspire? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: i have the latest up dates but want to remove all my data so he has a clean machine.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks.

My name is***** can perform a "Reset This PC". This will erase all your user data as well as programs and reset Microsoft Windows 10 back to when you first installed Windows 10.

You can perform a "Reset this PC". You will have two options. One will allow you to keep all your personal data, but your applications will get removed.

The second option will remove all your personal data and applications. Follow the instructions below if you want to perform a "Reset this PC". Left click the Windows 10 start menu button.

Click on the "Settings" gear icon. Then choose "Update & Security". Now choose "Recovery" then select "Reset this PC".

Click on "Get Started" and choose an option.