K Dismas
K Dismas, Computer Technician
Experience:  Developer/Programmer/Computer Technician
104540271

Would you please check yo see if I have an account, Toyota,

Customer Question

Would you please check yo see if I have an account
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Toyota
JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: can we get to the point can you assist re my query or not
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Laptop
Expert:  K Dismas replied 24 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** JustAnswer,
I am really sorry for the trouble you are facing right now.

But I'm here and happy to assist you today. May I know what kind of account that you want me to check?

Take note: Please feel free to ignore the automated offers. These are premium services that are not free of charge. They are forms sent automatically by the website and not coming from my own will.

Expert:  K Dismas replied 22 days ago.

Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

You are responsible for bank accounts that are opened in your name. For this reason, you should carefully track and manage any accounts. Some common reasons exist for why there might be a bank account open in your name that escaped your radar. Some parents open savings accounts for their children and the children are unaware of it. Maybe you intended to close an account but forgot. Accounts also might be opened when you are the victim of identity theft.

Step 1

Begin by checking your credit report. Your credit report will list active accounts that are associated with you. If someone else has opened a bank account in your name recently, it should be listed on your credit report. You are entitled to a free copy of your credit report annually from each of the nationwide consumer reporting companies: Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.

Step 2

Look online for unclaimed money. If you have an old account that has been inactive for some time, the bank consider it "unclaimed" money. You can search for your name in each state where you have resided to check whether forgotten accounts exist in your name.

Step 3

Talk to your parents and other family members. Ask them whether they or someone they know opened a savings account for you as a child or invested on your behalf. This might trigger some memories to help you track down any existing dormant accounts.