SaloniM
SaloniM, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Applications
110384226

Cannot Log On. It offers on-screen to enter pin but does not

Customer Question

Cannot Log On. It offers on-screen to enter pin but does not recognise
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: HP ES WITH windows 10
JA: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Message on screen is: Somethihg happened and your pin isn't available.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The only options showing on the screen are ease of access or Power buttons. There is no way to get into anything to continue. I was told by HP that it is a Microsoft software problem and only way is to uninstall & reinstall Windows. What do you think?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  SaloniM replied 20 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
May I know the exact issue you're facing?

Expert:  SaloniM replied 20 days ago.

Without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

1. Restart the system: on the lock screen, click the power button and select the Restart option. Once the system restarts, check if it will accept the PIN.
  2. Check internet connectivity: On the lock screen, click the WiFi icon and make sure you are connected to a network and that it has network connectivity.
  3. Boot to safe mode : Click the power button on the lock screen. Hold down Shift, and click Restart. Go to Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>>Startup settings>Restart. Select the Safe Mode option and sign in.
  4. If enabled, use the Password ***** your account to sign in.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. I really appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Hope it helps.
Kind Regards,

Saloni