Joseph Newman
Joseph Newman, Expert
Experience:  Lead Technician at Maryville City Schools
107060210

THe touchpad has stopped working, Toshiba AMD 10 Windows 10,

Customer Question

THe touchpad has stopped working
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?
Customer: Toshiba AMD 10 Windows 10
JA: What have you tried so far with your Toshiba? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I have searched in google .. When I open the Device Manager I cannot see anything in the pointing devices which actually says its the touchpad
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I thought you were the expert ! Because I doj't know I want to connect to an expert who does know how to fix this It has 'suddenly' stopped working and I do not know what
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Joseph Newman replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I am Joseph. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will reply shortly.

While you are waiting, please let me know if you would like to
proceed via text, a phone call, or if you are interested in a remote connection.

I'm sorry you are having issues. From my understanding from the question, your Toshiba laptop touchpad has stopped working and you cannot locate it in device manager. Is that right?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Remote if you wish

There is an actual hot key on the keyboard that turns the touchpad on and off. Can you try pressing FN+F5 or Ctrl + F5 at the same time and see if that makes the touchpad work?

Please let me know when you have tried Ctrl+f5 and FN+F5 and if it fixes the issue.

Whenever you have a chance to try this to fix it please let me know. I will stand by and wait for a reply from you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I tried FN + F5 It changed my cursor form a pointer to a Capital I THat was all

Thank you for that response. Can you now try CTRL+F5?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Normally I use a remote mouse... So I have only just discovered the touchpad has stopped . I do not know how long this has been off
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have had poor experiences of buying remote assistance ... pay the money and no result ! There should be a simple fix, but I don't seem able to find it !

Thank you for that information. If CTRL+F5 doesn't work then we can move to remote service if you are interested in it.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Same thing !

Sure. I have one thing you can check in device manager if you like.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hmmnn.. I got to you from Toshiba support. Normally fo remote help I have an annual sub to Microsoft. So with due respect to you , I think I will try that and when I come back from travelling ... ! Running out of time now.

Sure. I understand if you don't have the time to work on it now. Let me leave you with this forum of users that have had a similar issue. There is something you can check in device manager that may help.

Is there anything else I can do today for your regarding your question?

It was a pleasure helping you today with your question. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
You seem to have charged me €35 on my card and not €26 and we did not go to remote assistance anyway .. So please refund my €35. I did pay the €5 and the charge also went through for the initial help, which even if unsuccessful, is fair enough.

I'm a customer on this site like you. I only have the ability to help answer your question. If you have an issue with your account or a charge please go to https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us. They will be able to assist you.