Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I have locked myself out of my laptop windows 10, surface

Customer Question

I have locked myself out of my laptop windows 10
JA: What's the brand/model of your laptop?
Customer: surface pro4
JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: just tried to sign in faster with windows hello
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 12 days ago.

I'm sorry about your laptop issue. I'm glad to assist you today. To confirm, you are not able to log in your Windows 10 laptop. What's the error or message? What's currently showing on your laptop's screen? Are you able to shut down / restart your computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 11 days ago.

Please let me know when you are back. Also, here are some possible solutions: Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your computer for about 30 seconds, and then turn it back on and check. If that does not work, click on the website below:

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

There, enter the email address associated with your Microsoft account / associated with your laptop. Then click on Next, and then follow the instructions there to reset your password, and check.

If that does not work, please do the following steps on your laptop:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the small Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything", "Just remove files", "Local reinstall", and continue / reset.

We can schedule a time. Please reply at the box below. Thank you for your patience.