Vishnu Babu
Vishnu Babu, Technician
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Engineer with 08+ years of experience
102788002

I have recently purchased a new laptop, loaded Microsoft 10

Customer Question

I have recently purchased a new laptop, loaded Microsoft 10 and 2 email addresses. One works fine, the other will not sync but will allow me to send. I have tried the fix on the advice pages.Help!
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: plusnet
JA: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: a web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have followed your advice page - manage accounts, removed the address and reloaded
JA: Is there anything else the Email Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Vishnu Babu replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer, my name is***** allow me a moment to review your previous chat conversation. I'll be happy to assist you further.

I’m sorry you’re experiencing this problem. I understand how frustrating it must be. I’ll work on finding a solution.

Happy to help with this! I just need a bit more information from you.

1. Please let me know are you using an email client application to access email. For example, you might be using Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail, Office Outlook, or a web browser. If you aren't using a web browser, is your email account POP or IMAP?

2. Could you please tell me who your email service provider is? To put it another way, what follows the @ sign in your email address?

3. Could you please tell me the operating system you're using? Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, or MAC?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have 2 email addresses - one is outlook.com, which is working fine, and a plusnet one which is fine on my desktop but will not sync on the new laptop. I can send from it though. I don't know whether it is pop or imap. The address is @plus.com. Operating system is Windows 10

I appreciate your response.

Are you trying to access the email through Outlook or Windows Mail? Could you please specify?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
As far as I know, through Outlook

I would appreciate it if you could confirm because the instructions for Outlook and Windows Mail are entirely different. Would you be able to share a screenshot of the application you are using? Then I can identify and assist you further.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Not sure how I would do that as I am doing this on my desktop, not the laptop

It is easy for you to take a screenshot on a Windows computer. I have attached a link, and you can access the instructions by clicking on the link

https://tinyurl.com/2p8m4bd9
The screenshot may be attached to the conversation window once it has been taken.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What do you want on the screenshot?

I would like to know which application you are using to access your email. I would appreciate if you would open the email client application you are using and provide a screenshot of the interface.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Does version 16005.14326.20970.0 mean anything to you?

The version you have shared belongs to the Windows mail client, not Outlook.

Let me find the settings for the Plusnet email settings for Windows Mail.

The following is the configuration for your incoming and outgoing emails.

IMAP server (if IMAP is used): imap.plus.net
IMAP server port: 143

SMTP Outgoing mail server: relay.plus.net
SMTP Outgoing mail server port: 587

SSL: Off for both incoming and outgoing

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How and where do I enter these details?

To access the Windows Mail incoming and outgoing email settings, please follow the steps below.

• Open Mail
  • Open Settings
  • Select Manage Accounts
  • Select your Account
  • Select Change mailbox sync settings
  • Most important
  • Scroll down till you see Advanced mail box settings
  • Select Advanced mail box settings
  • Scroll down again, and you will see your server settings.

· Incoming mail server: imap.plus.net:143

· Outgoing mail: server:relay.plus.net:587

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The plus sync settings box doesn't have advanced settings. It only has download new content, with a drop down, download email from, with a drop down, sync options of email, calendar and contacts, all of which are just on or off

Try the step-by-step instructions to enter the Server settings

• Open Mail
  • Open Settings
  • Select Manage Accounts
  • Select your Account
  • Select Change mailbox sync settings
  • Most important
  • Scroll down till you see Advanced mailbox settings
  • Select Advanced mailbox settings

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have gone back to the main Microsoft button, settings, typed email in the search box, 'add, remove or manage email accounts', opened the plusnet address, clicked manage which brings me back to the page plus account settings and back to the settings that i mentioned last time.

I would appreciate it if you would read the instructions carefully. Please note that I have mentioned accessing the Windows Mail Application settings and not the Windows settings. There is a significant difference between the two.
Please find attached the image in which I have marked the settings

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Just managed to get you back on the browser
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry, I have just lost you from my browser. I have selected, several times, as you show and when I select my plusnet address it brings up a box headed plus account settings, has the email address below it, I have then typed in the email address where it asks for the account name, pressed return and the screen disappears. Underneath the account name box is ‘change mailbox sync settings’ (in bold black) and ‘options for syncing your content’ in blue. Both lines highlight at the same time. Clicking on that brings up download new content, with a drop down box, followed by download email from, with a drop down box, sync options of email, calendar and contacts, all of which are on or off. There is nothing else and nothing to scroll to. There was somewhere in the early part of this asking if I would prefer to speak to somebody and I said yes. Is that possible? The best number is ***** 813215

Thank you for responding.

I'm sorry to inform you that telephone support is a premium service that must be paid for. I can help you further via chat.

Since you indicate that you are experiencing difficulties, I would appreciate a screenshot of the settings window you are in. If you provide me with this information, I will be able to understand your concern and guide you accordingly.

My recommendation would be to opt for the remote assistance premium service so that I can access the computer remotely and resolve the problem.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Forget it. How do I cancel this service? I have been on for 1 hour and 45 minutes and got nowhere.

Please accept my sincere apologies. Without an understanding of the option you are in, it would be difficult to assist you further. That is the reason I requested to share the screenshot.
I am a technical expert and do not have information regarding billing. You are kindly requested to contact our customer service team. In regards ***** ***** billing issue, they will be happy to assist you further.

You can contact customer care by emailing***@******.*** or by using one of the following phone numbers:

• US/Canada(###) ###-####/li>
  • Australia 1800-569-112
  • New Zealand 0800-426-339
  • United Kingdom 0***-***-****