Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Looking for information on the huge Lizard the komodo dragon

Hello looking for information on the huge Lizard the komodo dragon .diet and were they live and how they attack and eat?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
willing to wait
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Willing to wait

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Sorry that you have had to wait so long for an answer

The Komodo Dragon lives on a handful of Islands known as the 'Lesser Sundra Islands' of Indonesia. They are carnivore predators they will eat almost anything, including carrion, deer, pigs, smaller dragons, and even large water buffalo and humans. When hunting, Komodo dragons rely on camouflage and patience, lying in wait for passing prey. When a victim ambles by, the dragon springs, using its powerful legs, sharp claws and serrated, shark-like teeth to eviscerate its prey.

A dragon can eat a whopping 80 percent of its body weight in a single feeding.

I hope that answers your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello. thanks for your great help . i found this videoof a komodo dragon swallowing a monkey whole. could it do this to a human , thanks. https://uk-mg42.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.partner=bt-1&.rand=6vb49qj1ool6q#mail

Perhaps not whole, it would likely need to bite/tear an adult human into smaller sections first. It certainly could eat a while human in one meal though, just not quite whole as an alligator might be able too as the Jaws do not open quite far enough for that

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello. thanks for your reply, How much of this guy could an adult male komodo dragon eat.

If it hadn't eaten recently then it could certainly eat all of him

Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience: BVetMed MRCVS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WOW .So what about what the guy is wearing , the small denim shorts etc.

The dragon wouldn't eat them by choice, but they are likely to get consumed at least in part during the feeding process

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank for your really useful information , You can close the question now.