How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

How do I get Companies whose ehare certificates I have, to

Customer Question

How do I get Companies whose ehare certificates I have, to pay me dividends?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 5 years ago.


My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a moderator . We've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the Professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and we will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Camille - Moderator

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Still waiting. Some time ago I used collect both my 2 pensions and share dividends to be paid to a bank account. For over a year I have not received any payments. I would have expected to receive £35000 annualy. Please can you try to prevent me from going bankrupt.

Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 5 years ago.


Thank you for your continued patience and additional information....hopefully it won’t take too much longer for me to find the right Professional for you! Please don't respond to this as it may prevent the Professionals from accessing your question. If you want to cancel, please let me know, and I will do that for you. Thank you for your continued patience.


Expert:  Alice H replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm happy to help with your question today. Have you actually been informed that dividends have actually become payable?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks Alex

Yes to your question and, indeed some are government bonds. As I said, before Equiniti decided to stop the service I received £35,000 aprox. What is even worse the contracted to handle state and work pensions which they handled for several years, but are not doing so now andt will not relaese me so I cannot appeal to other registrars.

Expert:  Alice H replied 5 years ago.
I'm afraid this matter is beyond my expertise. I will opt out so another expert can help you.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

You want a share certificate, is that right?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No that is incorrect. I have to hand all my share certificates of UK based compoanies. These companies issue dividends which are not coming to my account to the value of about £35,000

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
I do not quite understand -

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

1. My income was derived from 2 sources.

2. The first source is from the state pension and a working life pension.


3 The second source is from dividends issued by companies whose shares I own.


These were paid directly to a nominated bank account with Lloyds TSB

The bank account which averaged about £1200 per month now shows no income.


If you still find this unclear, ask again


















Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
So in short you have not been getting dividends?

Have dividends been declared at the AGM?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Of course

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Then you need to write to the Company(ies) involved and say unless payment is made within 14 days you will be going to Court.

If they refuse then you can issue proceedings for the debt.

You can do this online at: - you will have to pay a fee but this will be added to the claim.

You will be surprised how quick matters are resolved once proceedings are issued.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.