How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I rent out a property via an agent, earlier this year the agent

Customer Question

I rent out a property via an agent, earlier this year the agent informed me that there was some work that needed to be done on the property as i live 250 miles away I gave my concent for the work to be done. The work that was carried was of poor quality and not to building regulations. I have requested on a number of occassions an itemised bill detailing what has been done along with cost of matirials and certificates for electrical repairs. Despite this the agents have not provided the information but they have taken over £1000 directly from the tennants rent and I have been paid nothing for 5 months. What should I do next please?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

Do you have a copy of any invoices?