How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

I took Annual Travel insurance out for My Husband and I and

Customer Question

I took Annual Travel insurance out for My Husband and I and I covered my self for a prexisting medical complaint I have Osteoporosis I was taken into a Private Hospital in Spain with cronic pain i felt something went in my back and when the hospital did an M R I they discovered My Lumber Disc had slipped and had moved round to my right hand side which was pressing on nerves and causing cronic pain and my 4th and 5 th vertabret was shatterd also my spine is crumbling with my Osteoprosis I was taken to the Private Hospital from the 16th to the 18th of October. Now the Insurance is refusing to pay my Bill they say I have to pay myself I am a 70 year old Lady and i am now wheelchair bound i cant walk as i cant put my weight on my legs my Husband and I are both Disabled and Pensioners and we have not got any money to pay this Bill what would you advise me to do thanking you Patricia
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes i will wait for you to find me some answers as long as i dont have to pay anymore money as i cant afford to thank you awaiting your reply Patricia


Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue to search for the right Professional to assist you.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

On what basis are they refusing to pay out?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The Insurance said that I should have reported My Cronic Back and Hip Pain this is caused because I have Osteoporisis and I coved myself for Osteoporisisthis and paid extra money they also are saying i should have let them know about all the appointmentsI have had in the last year i didnt know this when coveredmyself yet I recieved a letter to let me know that I was covered

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Did you declare this previously?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i dont know what you meaI, declared that I had Osteoporsis but i did not know i had to tell them about the appointments I had for this

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Anywhere online or on the form did it say you had to tell them about appointments?

Or did they just ask for any conditions you had?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

As far as i am aware i cant see where it said i had to tell them about any appointments or treatment thank you

Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. I understand that this is unpleasant experience.

You should write and make a formal complaint to the insurance company.

This will be investigated as a corporate complaint.

If you are not happy with the response then you should complain to the ombudsman.

They are indepedant, free and can investigate your complaint.

The ombudsman may make the insurance company pay out.

If the Omnudsman finds in your favour then the matter will be resolved.

If the ombudsman does not find in your favour that is really the end of the matter

The ombudsman can be found at

I hope this helps you and good luck.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback  so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.