How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

i have just received a letter on legal aid contributions and

Customer Question

i have just received a letter on legal aid contributions and the amount i am to pay, i cannot afford the amount asked for, which totals 60 percent of my momthly income, unfortunately i cannot remember the name of the solicitors which were responsible for submitting my forms to the legal people as my solicitors changed because of conflict of intererests between magistrates and crown court can you advise me on the best way forward to resoplve this matter, i am not trying to get out of my responsibilities for payment just a fairer monthly payment
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Alex and I'm happy to help with your question today.

Have you instructed a new solicitor?

Which Magistrates Court did you appear at?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

hi Alex

i have not instructed a solicitor yet and it was at blackpool magistrates court

Expert:  Alice H replied 5 years ago.
Hi Peter

Apologies for the delay in responding I have been stuck in a trial for the last few days. Do you still require assistance with this matter?