How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

I have a ruling from the information commissioner which says

This answer was rated:

I have a ruling from the information commissioner which says a council should comply with the data protection act. The council are refusing to do so. What forms do I need to complete in order to get the council to comply?
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

You need to complete form N1 and form N244 for an order to the County Court.

If you have already filed a small claim just fill out Form N244 for an order that they disclose the required information.

There will be a hearing fee of £80 to pay and a Court hearing.

But at that hearing you can ask the Court for costs.

I hope this is helpful.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
UK-Justice and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes thanks. I've submitted the N244 to Truro Court along with a covering letter and a request to switch the case to Northampton or Warwick Court. Their autoreply says they have 10 working days to respond so I guess it'll be the new year before I hear anything.

Depending on what the court say, I may come back for more advice, but thanks for your help so far.