How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

Dear sir / madam i was away during the xmas and new year.

Customer Question

Dear sir / madam

i was away during the xmas and new year. In my absence my son had a new years party. A load of unwanted people arrived and have done some £5000 in damage occured including breaking all my trophies which are not replaceable.

Can I take legal action against these people ?


Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

Have you reported it to the police?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

not yet ... should I ?


Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
Legally yes.

This is criminal damage whether or not they were invited in.

The Police can investigate and prosecute if necessary.

It would be too costly to take civil action.

But you can certainly report this to the Police. There may be enough evidence for a prosecution against one or more of these people.

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 5 years ago.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?