How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71057
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

when you have been appointed lawyer by the court, because you

Customer Question

when you have been appointed lawyer by the court, because you can not afford to pay one, and you have been raped. Should you not expect him/her to talk to you before trial starts. My friend was raped in march 2012, and got phone call last Friday that she should be in court the 14/2 when there was told that case has been delayed,BUT still has not heard from the lawyer ? What can she do ? is this the law ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 years ago.

I'm afraid you are not assigned a barrister if you are a complaint.

You are dealt with by CPS and the Crown are represented by a barrister.

He cannot have direct contact with the complainant alone. That is coaching.

He will meet her on the morning of court for her allegations to be considered by the Court.