How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife left me for a man she has had an two year affair with.

This answer was rated:

My wife left me for a man she has had an two year affair with. I am looking to reclaim the car that was paid for by me before i divorce her for adultery. She is the registered keeper and has had 95% actual use of the car as I have had a company car and only used 'her' car on rare occasions.
There is a conditional sale agreement in her name with Santander, however,the actual payments came from my salary up until Dec 2012 when she agreed to make the final 6 payments (out of 36) from her own funds. The first and subsequent payment were made from our 'joint' account, although it has only ever been my salary that has been paid into the account.
My question is; who has legal ownership of the car.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question.
I am afraid that what it is is a Matrimonial Asset which will form part of the assets for division between you - and the fact that she has always had the main use of it means that she is likely to keep it in the division of the assets
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you Claire, not what I was hoping for but more what I was expecting.

Who said life is fair....

I am sorry that the news was not better - but remember it is an asset she has to account for when it comes to the overall division
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I may need further advice on the separation of assets over the next month or so, do I just ask you the questions via this message stream.

Kind Regards, Nigel George

You can do that - or ask a new question quoting my name in the question