How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

The property we live in is owned by our son on mortgage. If

Customer Question

The property we live in is owned by our son on mortgage. If we were to pay a sum of money to our son is there anyway that a trust document could show our part ownership without affecting the mortgage lender.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Yes your son could sign a Declaration of Trust confirming that he holds the property on trust for all three of you even though the property remains in his sole name.
This doe snot effect the mortgage company who will still have first claim on the sale monies to settle the mortgage