How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

we recently went on holiday and rented out a villa which was

Customer Question

we recently went on holiday and rented out a villa which was advertised as a luxury villa and was meant to have a fridge freezer,cooker,mircrowave,kettle,working shower etc.. when we arrived none of the stuff worked and it was very dirty and looked nothing like the pictures we saw when we booked it,in the end we had no choice but to buy new stuff! my question is can we claim back any money from this person? we have taken pictures of everything and kept receipts, the lady lives in the uk and has a care taker which was meant to help us if we had problems. but she was not interested in any problems that we had.Also the owner who lives in the uk has taken off her advert from the wedsite she was using. but i have found her on another one called
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is Alex and I'm happy to help with your question today.

You can claim damages for breach of contract.

The starting point is to write to the owner with your complaints and provide evidence of your expenditures.

You can ask for reimbursement within a reasonable period of time - perhaps 14 days.

If you are not reimbursed within that time you will have to start Court action. You can make the claim online using: