How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK-Justice Your Own Question
UK-Justice, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16193
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK-Justice is online now

We ordered £3600 of kitchen worktops from a company who have

This answer was rated:

We ordered £3600 of kitchen worktops from a company who have ceased trading-possibly receivership/ administration. We had to pay upfront and the company ordered the worktops from a third party. They shut down before our worktops were delivered so we have paid for them but not received them. We have had no information from the receivers or anyone associated with the company and have no one to contact to raise a claim. Please can you advise us how to proceed? Thanks.
Thanks for your question, I will do whatever I can to help you. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE.

How did you pay for this?

And who did you pay - the company that went under?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

We paid by cheque. The company was Castle Timbers in Dumbarton.

Can you remember the exact full name?

Were they Ltd?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Castle Timber Ltd. We have a registered company number on the receipt and VAT Reg. No. if that's any help.

Yes I can confirm they have gone into administration on 8/1/13

You need to lodge a claim with the administrator

They can be located at:

G2 5QY

I am sorry but you would be an unsecured creditor and it is unlikely to get your money back.

I am sorry but hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.
UK-Justice and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your help. That's more information than we've had from anyone else.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi, we have written to the administrator to try to recover some of our
money if at all possible. In the meantime we have reached an agreement with
the worktop manufacturers to get the worktops at a reduced price since it
seems unlikely we will get money back. Your answer definately helped. You
gave us a contact for the administrators and confirmed our suspicions that
we probably wouldn't get our money back. This gave us more confidence to
pursue a new deal on the worktops.

Thanks for your help.