How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have civil claim matter for a local driving school

Customer Question

Hi i have civil claim matter for a local driving school business with an ex client to resolve.
However he is using odd methods to strength his case and claims that i have missed 2 court appointments.
I would like to know that how should i be aware that i have to attend a court hearing if no one has provided me with any details of when i should attend and not received any correspondence of the court the date and legal party acting for him is only informing me through my email is this legal or client making fake diy threats please help?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.
If he issued a claim against you should have been served by the court at your address or last known address with a claim form.
Do you know which court the matter is with?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I can rate your answer to 1 star.

If you could advice further about a precourt settlement would be the first step or for the defending part to receive additional information about what the claimant is actually sue the business for.